In the midst of the mobile generation, every other business is trying to have a competitive advantage by building apps. This report is based on different surveys carried out by different organizations on professionals from a varied work background like marketing, IT, finance, human resource, and so on. Enterprises have quite recently understood all the benefits, and have started using it for multiple purposes. Research has shown that top three drivers of BYOD among employees are increased mobility (63%), improved satisfaction (56%), and enhanced productivity (55%)1.
Industry Insights Reviewed:
- 44% professionals reported that they use their mobile devices more than 20 times a day for working purposes2.
- 37% employees reported having a better work life, and increased engagement by introduction of mobile applications in their companies.
- 43% of professionals reported that having mobile applications is very helpful for critical works.
- Employee mobility has improved by 63%, employee satisfaction has been also enhanced by 56%, and productivity also seemed to improve by 55% through mobile applications.
- The above benefits are surprisingly considered more important than reduced cost by 47% enterprises.
- Many organizations are looking forward to implement mobile apps in their business model in 2017, and successfully integrate it in all fields by the end of 2017.
- 91% of organizations plan to have a mobile work style strategy which will enable work space reduction.
- 53% are looking at core business processes while creating apps that includes both internal and partners’ apps development, which will help in mobilizing business processes3.
Aims to fulfill in 2017:
- Improving and working on security threats on organizations using mobile apps, especially in IT departments and help desks’ workloads.
- Increasing cyber security budgets within the next 12 months.
- Need to improve mobile devices’ reception to provide a seamless working environment.
Areas that still need work:
Employees have often reported that working on multiple apps leads to applications crashing quite often which sometimes make the mode of work unreliable. Building a strong infrastructure is of utmost importance to build a smooth working environment. Secondly, cloud system needs to be integrated in the professional application network to increase the storage capacity of mobile devices. Malware and grayware is another threat to mobilizing business processes, and needs to be worked on immediately to ensure security. Lastly, evaluate the gap created between procedures and policies and established best practices.
Mobile security is the most crucial part to pay attention on in 2017 and requires a different approach that is not focused on malware. Apps that are prone to leak sensitive data in an insecure manner needs to be fixed as soon as possible.
Apps that are legitimately downloaded from app stores can pose a risk to corporate and personal data4.
By 2017, industrial apps are supposed to grow into a $77 Billion industry.
Mobile applications will be designed specifically to boost productivity and businesses will grow rapidly in 2017, well equipped employees will be able to leverage the power of mobile app revolution.
The entire process will be streamlined and guided, leaving no rooms for employees to make mistakes.
- “BYOD Risks.” Bring Your Own Devices (BYOD) Survival Guide (2013): 249-50. Web.
- “Released: 2016 Mobile Productivity Report.” Blog Wrike. N.p., 26 Jan. 2016. Web. 09 Jan. 2017.
- 2016 NowSecure Mobile Security Report (n.d.): n. pag. Web.
- “Mobile Apps in the Workforce: Overcoming Challenges to Reap the Benefits of a Fully Mobile Workforce.” ClickSoftware. N.p., 29 Aug. 2016. Web. 09 Jan. 2017.